The National Council on Water Resources (NCWR) is the highest forum for policy making in the Water Sector and holds at least once in a year to take crucial decisions as well as provide guidance for the effective and efficient management and development of water resources in the country. The meeting which is chaired by the Honourable Minister of Water Resources is made up of Honorable Commissioners responsible for Water Resources Development in the thirty-six (36) States of the Federation, and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) as well as other stakeholders in the water Sector as members.
The 29th Regular Meeting of the National Council on Water Resources and its Technical Committee with the THEME “Actualizing Sustainable Development Goal-6: Prospects and Challenges” is slated for Sokoto State, from Monday, 28th November – Thursday, 1st December, 2022.
PROGRAM OF EVENTS:
– Sunday – 27th November, 2022 Arrival;
– Monday – 28th & Tues 29th November, 2022 Registration/Technical Meeting;
– Wednesday – 30th November, 2022 Arrival of Council members, production of Working Papers for the Council meeting by Secretariat, Field Trip to selected Water Projects;
– Thursday – 1st December, 2022 Council Meeting;
– Friday – 2nd December, 2022 Departure.
Details of the Venue will be communicated in due course