On behalf of the Honourable Minister of Water Resources, Engr. Suleiman H. Adamu, FNSE, FAEng. I am highly honoured, to give a vote of thanks at the Opening Session of the 28th Regular meeting of the National Council on Water Resources (NCWR). My task is a simple one and before I continue, let me first of all, appreciate Almighty God for granting us this day to witness the 28th edition of NCWR. Permit me to appreciate everyone who has graced this 28th Edition in spite of our rescheduling of the meeting. Your presence is affirmative of your uncommon love for the Water Sector.
- Your Excellency, the Honourable Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Muhammad Musa Bello, Our Special Guest of Honour, I really commend you for honouring our request to co-host this meeting at a very short notice due to our inability to meet at Sokoto as earlier scheduled due to circumstances beyond our control. We cannot thank you enough because you are always there for us.
- May I also express our deep appreciation to the Honourable Minster of State, Permanent Secretary and the entire staff of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) for the warm reception and hospitality extended to our distinguished guests.
- Our special thanks go to the distinguished Senator Bello Mandiya, Chairman, Senate Committee on Water Resources and Honourable Sada Soli, Chairman, House Committee on Water Resources. Both of them are a blessing to the Water Sector. their commitment and support to the Federal Ministry of Water Resources towards the development of the Nation’s water resources is highly commendable. We thank you Sirs for your encouragement, always. To the Chairman and Members of Ministerial Policy Advisory Committee (MPAC), our elder Statemen, we are grateful for your continued guidance from your wealth of experience.
- I equally extend our gratitude to the Honourable Commissioners/Representatives responsible for Water Development in the 36 States of the Federation, and the Federal
Capital Territory, as well as others stakeholders in the Water Sector. We recognize and appreciate all the Federal Permanent Secretaries – serving and retired and the Permanent Secretaries from States for their active participation. To Directors of MDAs, Managing Directors/General Managers of Water Boards especially the Acting General Manager FCT Water Board, Managing Directors/General Managers of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agencies, Chairmen/Executive Secretaries of Water Regulatory Commissions, other relevant Stakeholders and Development Partners here with us, thank you very much for honoring our invitation. We must not fail to thank our Resource Persons, the Chairmen and members of the various Technical Sub-Committees who worked tirelessly on the memoranda that would be discussed at the Council Meeting. Your commitment to the Sector is immeasurable.
- Finally, permit me to thank the Local Organizing Committee, and those who contributed in no small measure in facilitating this event, the facility managers and staff and management of Grand Pela Hotel & Suites and Staff of West Africa College of Physicians Conference Centre; I say a big thank you.
- Your Excellencies, Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of the Honourable Minister of Water Resources, we wish you travel mercies to your homes, and Merry Christmas in advance. We look forward to seeing and meeting you in the New Year 2022, as we plan towards the next Council Meeting.
- God bless us all.
Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack, mni
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
Tuesday, 21st December, 2021