Your Excellencies, Distinguished Delegates and Participants, Ladies and Gentlemen
When the Honourable Minister talked about the Retired Permanent Secretaries, he spoke of three (3) of us who are from the water-side. Honourable Minister Sir, I would like to add that the three (3) of us are also women. With due respect to my dear Big Brother, Amb. G. Igali, I guess women are good care-givers of the family, in this case, the water family! Thanks to all our retired Permanent Secretaries for their continued care.
- It is my privilege, on behalf of the Honourable Minister of Water Resources, Engr. Suleiman H. Adamu, and our key partners to thank Almighty God and you all for the success of the 27th Edition of the Regular Meeting of the National Council on Water Resources. We acknowledge and appreciate the presence of everyone who has graced this 27th Edition Council Meeting.
- Our profound gratitude goes to our Guest of Honour, the Honourable Minister of Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), Mallam Muhammad Musa Bello as well as the Honourable Minister of Women Affairs, Mrs. Pauline Tallen, here represented by my sister, the Permanent Secretary, Women Affairs who have taken out time to give their colleagues and the Water Sector, their support and encouragement. Let me put on record also our tribute to the Hon. Minster and the entire staff of Federal Capital Administration for hosting this great event and for their warmth and hospitality to our Guests.
- Our distinguished Senator Bello Mandiya, Chairman of the House Committee on Water Resources and the Honourable Chairman of the House Committee on Water Resources deserve special mention. Their commitment and support to the Federal Ministry of Water Resources and the water sector is commendable. We thank you Sirs for your encouragement, always. To the Chairman and Members of MPAC, we are grateful for your continued guidance from your wealth of experience.
- Our special thanks extend to the Honourable Commissioners responsible for Water Development in the 36 States of the Federation, and the Federal Capital Territory, as well as others stakeholders in the Water Sector. In the same vein, we recognize and appreciate all the Federal Permanent Secretaries – serving and retired and the Permanent Secretaries from states for their active participation. To Directors of MDAs, Managing Directors/General Managers of Water Boards especially the Acting General Manager FCT Water Board, Managing Directors/General Managers of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agencies, Chairmen/Executive Secretaries of Water Regulatory Commissions, other relevant Stakeholders and Development Partners here with us, thank you very much for honoring our invitation. It is what was expected and we would like to see the same close co-operation in the implementation of the strategies that have come out of the meeting. We also wish to thank our Resource Persons, the Chairman and members of the various Sub-Committees and the entire Technical Committees who worked tirelessly on the memos that would be discussed at the Council Meeting
- Finally, I also wish to thank the Local Organizing Committee and those who contributed in no small measure in facilitating this event the facility managers and staff management of Ajuji Greenwich Hotel and Staff of West Africa College of Physicians Conference Centre; I say Kudos and Bravo.
- Your Excellencies, Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of the Honourable Minister of Water Resources, we wish you travel mercies to your homes, and a COVID-19 free Christmas celebration. We look forward to seeing and meeting you in the New Year 2021, and at the next Council Meeting.
- God bless you all.
Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack, mni
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
Thursday, 3rd December, 2020