Department of Reform Co-ordination & Service Improvement
The Department came into operations by virtue of circular Ref: HCSF/CMO/EM/243/17 dated 11th March 2014. The Reform Coordination has 16 members of staff and performs the under listed functions:
- Serve as focal point for driving all change, reform, innovations and improvement efforts within the ministry in line with the overall framework set by BPSR, OHCSF and other central agencies of government.
- Work with the leadership of the ministry to identify processes, systems and service gaps and with BPSR and OHCSF to develop interventions to eliminate such gaps.
- Coordinate and, drive, monitor and report on the agenda for the ministry.
- Manage and drive SERVICOM aims and initiatives within the ministry.
- Troubleshoot service failures and development proposals to address them
- Research and identify good practices that can be adopted to improve service delivery in the ministry
- Assist the leadership of the ministry to articulate and coordinate change agenda in line with service policies and standards
- To produce, review and monitor performance of Charter from the Ministry and its Parastatals;
- To institute a Complaint Procedure, including Grievance Redress Mechanism for the Ministry and its Parastatals;
- To institute appropriate Market Research techniques in identifying Customers needs and expectations;
- To ensure the promotion of quality assurance and best practices in the Ministry’s performance of its functions;
- To disseminate best practices and other tips on service delivery improvement;
- To serve as a link between the Ministry and SERVICOM Headquarters;
- To serve as the Secretariat of the Ministry’s Service Delivery Committee (Ministerial SERVICOM Committee);
- To provide a comprehensive and effective training policy for frontline Staff on Customer Relations and related matters;
- To manage the Ministry’ Customers Relations Policy including Redress mechanism for the Ministry and its Parastatals;
- To manage links with strategic partners and other stakeholders on Service Delivery, Market Research, Customers Care/Relations, etc.
Achievements of Servicom Division
- Re-orientation of Secretaries, Receptionists/Front-line officers to be courteous and polite, in answering phone calls and guiding the customers towards appropriate destinations;
- Creation of Client Services Unit and Establishment of Information Desks to handle enquiries
- Removing all customer deterrent policies and replacing them with customer-friendly ones;
- Inculcation of the spirit of cleanliness, orderliness and timeliness in all service providers;
- Imposition of sanctions on officers who fail to discharge their functions in accordance with established practice.
The Division performs the under listed functions:
- Serve as focal point for driving change, reforms, innovation and improvement efforts within the Ministry in line with the overall framework set by BPSR; OHCSP and other central Agencies of Government.
- Work with leadership of the Ministry to identify processes, systems and service gaps to develop interventions to eliminate such gaps;
- Coordinate, drive, monitor and report on the Reform Agenda for the Ministry.
- Manage and drive SERVICOM aims and initiatives within the Ministry.
- Troubleshoot service failures and develop proposals to address them,
- The search and identify good practices that can be adopted/adapted to improve service delivery in the Ministry,
- Assist the leadership of the Ministry to articulate and coordinate their change agenda in line with service policies and standard.